Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Canadian Law School Outlines or CANS

For those of you who don't know, CANS or Outlines are Condensed Annotated Notes or Summaries of law courses. Everybody does their CANS/Outline a little bit different. Some are definitely more useful than others. You can ask classmates to share their notes, and vice versa, but that doesn't always work. Many students find that accessing the notes and summaries of somebody to be useful in preparing for class and especially for law exams. As such, I have provided a bunch of my notes, CANS and summaries from my law school experience on www.canadianlawschool.ca. All they do now is collect dust on my shelf, unless I am totally lost on a legal subject at work. I thought you might find them useful in saving time and energy, and maybe even learning something, heaven forbid! I don't promise that my notes or the notes of others are comprehensive, accurate or that they will save you during cram time, but I am confident that they can help. Enjoy.

Find tons of class notes, CANS or Outlines that you need for law school. Includes 1L, 2L, 3L (First Year, Second Year, and Third Year) Cans and Outlines. Great resources for law students attending law school in Canada. It is advisable for you to create your own CANS/Outlines to achieve optimal success in law school. Use these at your own risk.

I have found some sites that weren't around when I was in law school - it's great to see people sharing :).

University of Manitoba - Ed Chan Law Outlines

Duhaime.org - Law Resources - law dictionary, info pages on most types of law

University of Victoria - UVic Student Outlines

The Unofficial Queen's Law Outline Page


CANS from Osgoode

University of New Brunswick Law Students Society - CANS

University of Calgary - Women in Law at the University of Calgary - CANS

If you have CANS or Outlines or Class Notes that you would like to share with the rest of the world (there are others out there who are pleading!), please email them to me at adam dot letourneau@gmail dot com and I will post them here. Likewise, if you know of an online repository of CANS/Outlines that should be included here, please let me know.

No comments: